How can I have my ex-husband removed from the warranty deed to the house?

Question Details:

I am having a horrible time getting straight answers on getting my ex-husband off the title. I was granted the property fee simple title by the judge in the final decree, but it seems the court wants a quit claim deed to remove his name from the existing deed. Shouldn't the decree override that? Also, they keep telling me to notify the property apprasier's office. I did that and all they deal with is the taxes, not the title. What am I to do to get his name off so I don't have problems later? We aren't on good terms and I had to take him back to court just to get him to sign the letter of authorization that bank requires to do a loan assumption. The magistrate said it didn't say anything in the decree that he didn't have to sign anything. Important Notice