How do I get an HOA to make repairs that it is responsible for?

Question Details:

I purchased a townhome with an HOA and they are responsible for the roof, stucco, and painting of the outside. I have about 7 e-mails to them requesting maintenance on the roof and now I have damage inside the house on the sheetrock. There is also a hole, about 6 inches wide, in the stucco and I can't get them to fix this either. I don't feel like my insurance for the inside of the home should be responsible for fixing the problems, yet I don't know how to get this fixed or if I need to get an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.