What to do if my ex-employer refuses to give information to the government which is costing me needed benefits?

Question Details:

I was receiving food stamps from the state. I was employed when I applied. About 5 months ago I lost my job. I got a letter saying that I had to renew my case. I did the phone interview and sent all the papers needed. My previous employer had to fill out a form of my employment there. I faxed the form numerous times. They will not fax the form back to my local office. Now my case is being terminated due to "failure to cooperate in verification" of my previous employment. Do I have a case against my former employer? It is stressing me out mentally.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.