If someone dies intestate how do you transfer title to their house to a beneficiary?

Question Details:

My husband's father has died with no Will. I understand in CA because there is no Will in place and provided there is no spouse (which there is not) that the estate is divided up between living children. My husband and his sister have agreed ,per their fathers wishes, that the home will go to my husband. We are currently living in his father's home and want to take ownership. How does my husband transfer his dads home into his name legally? What can we expect to happen with his father's estate now that he has passed?

Timothy McCormick / Libris Solutions Answered 7 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.