Can a federal offense be expunged?

Question Details:

My wife made the mistake of leaving undelivered mail in the trunk of her car that she was suppossed to deliver as a mail carrier. She was arrested and given a public defender that ended up getting her out of doing any time; she just paid a fine. This was about 25 years ago and the record makes it hard for her to get a good job. Being this was so long ago, is are anyway to get this record removed?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.