Are sexual offenders allowed to move out of state?

Question Details:

Husband's son is asexual offender. He is currently incarcerated but due to get out in 7 months. He wants to move in with us. I don't want our address blacklisted as being the home of a sexual predator. I substitute teach in the schools and my husband works atthe courthouse as a clerk. I know we'd be in the database. How does the law work? Shouldn't he have to stay in NJ, TX has enough predators. Any jurisdiction here? Any advice would be appreciated sincewe don't have the extra money to pay an attorney (not to mention, it's an embarrassing situation).

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.