What to do if I was in an accident and received the citation for "fail to reduce speed"?

Question Details: The insurance has taken care of both the other party and myself. I have tried multiple times to contact the other party in order to get a civil compromise but all attempts have failed. I called, left messages and even went by their home but never was contacted back. I am trying to decide if I should now plead "not responsible" and take the chance they do not show up to court. If they do not show, can the case be thrown out or would the ticketing officer show up and act in their place even though he was not present at time of the accident and did not witness it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.