If I can't find my spouse and want a divorce, what can I do?

Question Details:

I live in GA and My wife lives in AL. My wife has been missing for 2 years. Only the occasional phone call. I sent papers certified to her last known address where she resides with a convicted sex offender. We have 2 children of the marriage. She has not signed for the papers and she has had her phone disconnected. My children and I have not seen her in 2 years. What can I do to divorce her and take full custody of my children? And can I have a temp restraining order to protect my children? There were threats from her boyfriend at one point.

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.