If I'm paid cash and was injured on the job, what are my options?

Question Details:

I have been working for a company who has rental properties. They pay me cash. I was injured working on one the their homes and now I cannot work for 2 months. They offer no workman's comp since they pay cash. Can I go after their homeowners policy to cover my lost pay? I go to the VA so my medical cost are minimal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.