I accepted a plea and abeyance that was supposed to be on my record for 18 months but it's still there, how do I get it off?

Question Details:

2 years ago I took a plea and abeyance deal for child abuse as I was advised. The time limit was supposed to be 18 months. It is still showing on my background check and I have lost 2 jobs because of this. How do I get this off my record. My attorney at that time told me after the 18 months it would just "go away" I wouldn't even have to report it because it won't show on any background checks. I can't get the lawyer to answer my calls and I have left a dozen messages over the last week.

AttorneyPages.com Important Notice