How do you fire a court appointed attorney?

Question Details: I need to fire my court appointed attorney for he is not doing what I ask. Nor is he being professional, for example calling me stupid because I am pleading not guilty. What happened to the presumption of innocence? I have yet to talk to him about a defense and I have a court in 4 days. I asked him to file for an extension and he refused even though he know that I live out of state and have to drive about 15 hours drive one way to get there. Important Notice