How do you file a motion/application for expungement of NC criminal records?

Question Details: I'm working on getting a record expunged in Cumberland County, NC. I have the Request & Reports Convictions/ Expunctions Dismissals & Discharge form, (AOC-CR-237) from the NC AOC's website, but the instructions say "upon completion of an Application/Motion to Expunge, or Dismiss & Discharge, which is a separate document prepared by the defendant or his attorney...". How do you go about filing & finding this form, Application/Motion to Expunge? I am unable to find it on the NC Admin. Office of the Courts document search. Thank you!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.