How can I withdraw a domestic assault complaint?

Question Details:

My boyfriend and I got into a fight and I broke his TV and he assaulted me. I filed a report a day later and he was arrested for domestic assault. If this goes to trial what's the timeframe for all this to be resolved? Can I as the only witness plead the fifth? I'd rather this all go away because we have a young son who will miss his dad for this time. What is the best way to get the charges dismissed altogether? Do I have the option to withdraw the complaint made to the police? He is an Iraq veteran who wasn't like this before deploying. Also, this is his first offense. Important Notice