How can I proceed once a false police report has been filed against me?

Question Details:

My ex-room mate and I had a difficult falling out. With landlord consent, I moved out 5 months before our lease was up and subleased my room. Upon the end of the lease I entered the nearly empty unit, with my landlord and former room mate's permission to pick up a cable box, which I owed back to our cable provider. After communicating only about picking up this cable box a few days ago, my ex-room mate reported that he planned to file a police report against me for theft. He claimed that he was going to "pull together a list of things that had come up missing." What are my options here? Important Notice