How can I obtain a "release of judgement"?

Question Details:

I was taken to small claims court and a judgement was made against me. I made the payment in full to the plaintiff and never heard of anything further so I figured it was all settled. It is now showing on my credit report and I want to get it removed. I am assuming the plaintiff never told the court that I made payment. I was told that I need a "release of judgement" to have this judgement cleared. How do I go about this and who is the one that starts and orders the "release of judgement", is it me, the plaintiff or the courts? Important Notice