How can I legally remove my adult child from my home?

Question Details:

How can I legally remove my adult child (who was previously a minor child in my custody) from my home? As I understand it, since he has lived with me under my care, my house is considered his legal address and he is appointed all the rights that that entails. He won't leave even though he has been "kicked out" by me and my wife. Are there any legal means of removing him and making sure he does not return?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.