Can a person be sentenced to house arrest in a county in which they don't reside?

Question Details:

I committed a non-violent crime (shoplifting 5th offense, 2 convictions). I committed the crime in a different county then the one in which I live in. Can a judge still sentence me to house arrest in a county in which I don't live? The 2 counties are about 40 miles away from one another. Can they transfer the sentence to my county?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.