What are my options if I got a summons to appear in court for a past due loan that someone else is supposed to pay?

Question Details:

I put a car and loan in my name for my granddaughter and gave her full possession of the car. She fell behind in payments without informing me and the car was eventually confiscated, ruining my credit. Now four months later I receive a $7000 summons to appear in court. I am on a fixed income and am unable to pay this. My granddaughter is no account but currently has a job. Is there anyway to get her called into the court instead or with me? What do I do? I am going to answer the summons but I would like to know specifically what my options are?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.