Garnish Unemployment Compensation

Question Details: Hi, My ex-husband has been unemployed for about 8 months now. He collects unemployment compensation from the state of Alabama. He only pays $100 of the court ordered $850 a month. $100 a month is not enough for 2 children and on my meager income. He filed Chap 13 in Feb09 agaist ~$6000 of back child support. DHR has filed to garnish his Unemployment to start having all the arrears Child Support paid back..... What percentage could be garnished? Can the arrears amount filed in the bankruptcy be included? Are the other measure to make him pay?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.