Custody rights for unwed mother in Nebraska. Baby born in Nebraska. Babies father lives in Florida. Never married.

Question Details: I live in Nebraska, and my baby was born in the state of Nebraska, and I have never been married. The babies father (ex boyfriend) left me when he found out I was pregnant. He lives in the state of Florida, and showed no interest in baby until he found out how much he has to pay in child support. He is threatening to take full custody of baby. Because he believes he won't have to pay as much child support if he has custody. Who gets custody of baby? and does the fact of his name being on birth certificate affect his odds of getting custody? Important Notice