What can I do if my former employer won't pay me the commission that I have already earned?

Question Details:

I was hired with the offer scribbled on a note pad. I recieved a copy of this. No signatures were on the document. After starting employment, I am informed commission is paid 2 months after it is earned. After being let go, the employer did not pay the 2 months commission I had already earned. I have not approached the employer yet, but plan on writing her a letter asking for her position on the unpaid commission. Small claims court is in order. What laws surround this or where can I research the laws in this state? Does this revolve around anything other than he said/she said?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.