Can you sue for pain and suffering in small claims court?

Question Details:

I took my 2 year old son to urgent care because he was running a fever and the doctor was trying to look into his ear for an infection and found that he had ear wax that was blocking his eardrum so she took an ear curette and trying to remove the ear wax and punctured his ear drum. She did not tell me she punctured it she only told me she scraped it and it would bleed a little. His ear bled all night and I took him to his regular doctor the next day and found that she had punctured it. His ear bled for 4 days. Can I sue for pain and suffering in small claims court?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.