Can you change your plea at a sentencing hearing?

Question Details: After being lead to believe that the police had seen my 17 year old driving at the time they gave him a ticket for DUI, I encouraged my son to plead guilty at his arrainment hearing. After pleading guilty it came to light that the arresting officers had not actually caught him in the act of driving. Is it possible to hire an attorney and change his plea at the sentencing hearing?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.