Can I sue the prosecutor's office or someone in the prosecutor's office?

Question Details:

I have a restraining order against my daughter's father, active since 2008. He is in jail awaiting a state prison sentence for violating it and threatening to harm me; this is the 4th time. I moved my daughter and I to an address unknown to him, for the purpose of safety from him and took every precaution to make sure my address would never be revealed to him. I was just informed by the prosecutor's office that in the discovery process they accidentally sent him my address. I want to sue. Can I sue? They put us in jeopardy.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.