Can I reopen my case and fight it, even though I served time?

Question Details: I was at a washeteria and while standing outside, 2 under cover cope started searching people. One guy was caught with drugs, and then the cop said that I had drugs and I was arrested. I served time for this and I lost my green card. Can I reopen this case and try to get my green card back... The cops never found drugs on me, but I was scared and I did not have the money to fight the case, so I pleaded guilty

Answered 7 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.