Can I receive unemployment benefits for voluntarily leaving my job in order to re-locate out-of-state with my husband?

Question Details:

My husband was transferred to FL from MI and I was forced to voluntarily quit my position with my job to move with him and my children. I've filed for the benefits in the state of Michigan and have been denied because the state says it was "no fault of the employer" that I left. I understand that, but it was no fault of mine that I had to move either. I am currently at the hearing stage of the appeal process and would like to know if anyone has any information that could help me with my position?

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.