Can I have enforcement of child suport order suspended and can it be reinstated later?

Question Details:

Children's father and I were never married and split after 8 years. We went to court for support, he is court ordered to pay and writes me a personal check every month. We after 1 year of this we decided to reconcile, I became pregnant with our 3rd child and we moved back in together. Neither one of us made any petitions to the court to drop the court order and he continues to pay, I use the money for the kids needs up keep of the home groceries and electric bill. It has recently been cause for discord in our relationship, I want to know if enforcement of the order can be suspended/reinstated?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.