Can I get a civil judgement discharged in bankruptcy?

Question Details:

When I was 18 I was involved in an accident with a minor child while employed by a car dealership. My supervisor told me to give the minor a test drive since his father was looking to by the car for him.  I was the driver and totaled the car; we both ended up in the ER. The dealership is not representing me due to the fact that the police report says, "reckless driving". I don't remember the accident. I am 23, have 3 children, a wife who has Lupus, and we don't have medical insurance. Is a bankruptcy an option depending on the outcome?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.