Can I be sued or have judgements placed against me if I am on disability?

Question Details:

I have had a travel trailer that was voluntarily surrendered. It has been almost a year ago. They have not contacted me about any balanced owed. Can they file a suit or judgement against me if my only income is from disability and retirement benefits? If they can, would it have to be filed in the county I live in or the state that they are in? Also, I have some unpaid credit cards that have contacted me. Can I be sued for them on disability and would a judgement be filed in the county I live in or the state they are in? Is there any way I can check on line or by calling to see if I have any judgements against me?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.