Can an HOA demand payment, on a past due amount, of a currently foreclosed property?

Question Details: My home foreclosed, but I owed the HOA fees for one year prior to the foreclosure. The HOA has sent a request for garnishment of wages. Can I contest garnishment on wages by filing a motion of defense or objection? What can I say in the motion? Do I file a motion of defense or objection? What are the maximum wages that can be exempt from garnishment?

Answered 4 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.