If I'm still married, can I move with my children to another state without my husband's permission?

Question Details:

I live with my husband and he is not treating me right. I can't go anywhere because he threatens me. I cannot go to see my relatives in other states with my 2 children. He is creating more difficulties for me every day. I want to know is there anyway that I can take my children with me to see my parents and other relatives living in other states?

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.